1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
A fantastic year with Golfbreaks, An amazing atmosphere and a work hard play hard approach.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Working in UK Sales I was valued greatly by both colleagues and management
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Very supportive throughout the year. Was given a clear insight on what I was doing well and what needs to be improved. Frequent training took place.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
For the majority of the time, it was very busy on a day to day basis. However this kept me proactive and there was always work to be done.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Being in UK Sales I was treated like a full timer. Everything I did had direct effect with the company and clients.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Communication, Pro-acitivity, teamwork, leadership, software, commitment skills are all ones I will take with me to not only my degree but to the future
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great atmosphere - live and bubbly and a work hard approach
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Touring the whole of the UK for a week long - visiting 35 venues and the management of the venues just to ensure our Product knowledge was up to date was fundamental and a great experience. Frequent 'fam trips' and venue visits also occurred.
Monthly and weekly team/sole meetings took place with management in order to improve weaknesses and to show how we were performing as a company as a whole.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Golfbreaks is a great company to work for and would recommend it for both a full time job role and a placement
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Living nearby Windsor, rental prices were fairly high
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Windsor itself isn't bad, but only 30 minutes from London was much more appealing
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
frequent activities for both nights out and to play some Golf were always on appeal