EMEA Support Accountant at Intel Corporation

Accountancy Auditing/Tax Banking/Finance Financial Management

Intel Corporation is a Top Employer

8.7/10

8.6

I had 2 main roles as part of my job. I was an admin for a website which all accountants use for their reconciliations, which is a process that is fundamental to get complete. Thus I managed the running of these reconciliations. The second main role was a process called Reverse Charge. The information produced by this process is given to all accountants who use it in their VAT returns. Thus this process if fundamental to ensuring all accountants

I thoroughly enjoyed my 13 months at Intel Corporation. I undertook a variety of tasks and was an enjoyable place to work.

I felt very welcomed by my colleagues and quickly became part of the close knit team.

I had both a manager and a supervisor, both of whom supported me throughout my year and in all aspects of my job.

Every single day I had enough work to do to keep me occupied for the day.

All of my tasks helped towards the running of the department, as such the responsibility given to be was substantial.

I have gained a lot of confidence in my abilities, and have learned to speak up for myself, and to work as part of a team. This will help me immensely when going back to University as I know how i work most efficiently and effectively.

It was always a pleasant atmosphere in the office. Everyone was always friendly and it made going to work enjoyable.

The overall organisation was good, took on more roles as the year progressed to accommodate for free time.

Intel Corporation invests in their interns and i was no exception, i undertook several trainings sessions which has benefited me hugely for going back to university.

They offer jobs to interns who exceed expectations which gives interns a strong incentive.

Yes, there was a lot of events organised within the interns to allow us to go out and socialise with the other interns.

The cost of living in Swindon is reasonable in comparison to other places to live. The socialising costs were also very reasonable.

It was very good. There are a lot of bars which are near to work so it made it easy to go out for a couple of drinks after work.

Yes there were a lot of opportunities to get involved in other activities. There was the sports and social group which hosted many activities.