I had 2 main roles as part of my job. I was an admin for a website which all accountants use for their reconciliations, which is a process that is fundamental to get complete. Thus I managed the running of these reconciliations. The second main role was a process called Reverse Charge. The information produced by this process is given to all accountants who use it in their VAT returns. Thus this process if fundamental to ensuring all accountants
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my 13 months at Intel Corporation. I undertook a variety of tasks and was an enjoyable place to work.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very welcomed by my colleagues and quickly became part of the close knit team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had both a manager and a supervisor, both of whom supported me throughout my year and in all aspects of my job.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Every single day I had enough work to do to keep me occupied for the day.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
All of my tasks helped towards the running of the department, as such the responsibility given to be was substantial.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have gained a lot of confidence in my abilities, and have learned to speak up for myself, and to work as part of a team. This will help me immensely when going back to University as I know how i work most efficiently and effectively.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was always a pleasant atmosphere in the office. Everyone was always friendly and it made going to work enjoyable.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The overall organisation was good, took on more roles as the year progressed to accommodate for free time.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Intel Corporation invests in their interns and i was no exception, i undertook several trainings sessions which has benefited me hugely for going back to university.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They offer jobs to interns who exceed expectations which gives interns a strong incentive.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, there was a lot of events organised within the interns to allow us to go out and socialise with the other interns.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living in Swindon is reasonable in comparison to other places to live. The socialising costs were also very reasonable.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It was very good. There are a lot of bars which are near to work so it made it easy to go out for a couple of drinks after work.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes there were a lot of opportunities to get involved in other activities. There was the sports and social group which hosted many activities.