1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
This has been an invaluable experience, I have enjoyed my time here and the staff I have been working with have been friendly and extremely knowledgeable.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Whenever they had a request regarding something I had been trained in I have been given a professional brief and deadlines. I feel as though I have become a helpful member of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given thorough training and my colleagues steadily gave me more autonomy as the placement progressed. Any questions I have had have been answered promptly and in detail.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The daily tasks I had to complete have come at a varied pace. I would have preferred to have had a steadier stream of work but in an interactive workplace this is not always possible. During the lulls of work I was able to use the knowledge I have acquired to find helpful tasks to perform.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was gradually given more responsibility for the tasks that I was given over the duration of the placement. Towards the end I was given individual projects to perform to eventually hand over to colleagues when I left. This allowed me to approach projects in my own way but with a bias to being user friendly so there would be as small a transition period as possible.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The main way this placement has affected me is an understanding of my own work ethic and time management skills. I will be able to utilize these better during my final year.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere around the various offices I worked in varied. My main office was friendly but serious, focused and driven,the secondary office I worked in had a more relaxed and open atmosphere and better suited to collaborative work.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
There were a few minor issues but the support network and framework of the internship itself was solid. The induction program was particularly useful.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was given the opportunity to take an online course that I was interested in. The course was not directly related to the work I was doing but allowed me to learn a new programming language and to apply underlying principles to my work.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I hope to have my application to the companies graduate scheme accepted. This would be ideal to go into my final year with less pressure of the knowledge that if I achieve my grades I had a Job to go to.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were no major events around my office and everyone prefers to keep the office dynamic mostly professional. I prefer the dynamic to be this way. Friendly but professional.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?