Junior Server Tools Specialist at Atos

Computer Science Information Technology
Atos is a Top Employer

6.8/10

7.7

This has been an invaluable experience, I have enjoyed my time here and the staff I have been working with have been friendly and extremely knowledgeable.

Whenever they had a request regarding something I had been trained in I have been given a professional brief and deadlines. I feel as though I have become a helpful member of the team.

I was given thorough training and my colleagues steadily gave me more autonomy as the placement progressed. Any questions I have had have been answered promptly and in detail.

The daily tasks I had to complete have come at a varied pace. I would have preferred to have had a steadier stream of work but in an interactive workplace this is not always possible. During the lulls of work I was able to use the knowledge I have acquired to find helpful tasks to perform.

I was gradually given more responsibility for the tasks that I was given over the duration of the placement. Towards the end I was given individual projects to perform to eventually hand over to colleagues when I left. This allowed me to approach projects in my own way but with a bias to being user friendly so there would be as small a transition period as possible.

The main way this placement has affected me is an understanding of my own work ethic and time management skills. I will be able to utilize these better during my final year.

The atmosphere around the various offices I worked in varied. My main office was friendly but serious, focused and driven,the secondary office I worked in had a more relaxed and open atmosphere and better suited to collaborative work.

There were a few minor issues but the support network and framework of the internship itself was solid. The induction program was particularly useful.

I was given the opportunity to take an online course that I was interested in. The course was not directly related to the work I was doing but allowed me to learn a new programming language and to apply underlying principles to my work.

I hope to have my application to the companies graduate scheme accepted. This would be ideal to go into my final year with less pressure of the knowledge that if I achieve my grades I had a Job to go to.

There were no major events around my office and everyone prefers to keep the office dynamic mostly professional. I prefer the dynamic to be this way. Friendly but professional.