- Updating and developing daily, weekly and monthly information systems to aid in the reporting of key performance indicators for the business.
- Responsibility for supporting the delivery of research projects by liaising with our external research agencies and our restaurant management teams and communicating with project owners.
- Analysing general and specific product and consumer trends and reporting the business impact to key decision makers.
- Responding to ad-hoc requests for information/data from both the Business Strategy and Insight team and other departments across the business.
- Assisting in monitoring and recording competitor’s promotional activities and product changes. Support in estimating their impact on McDonald’s business.
- Providing regular trend updates for key consumer tracking tools that capture brand sentiment and opinion.
- Responsibility for running an online poll amongst restaurant crew, to get their views on the latest food promotion.
- General administrative support of the BSI team.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Really enjoyed my year, great company to work for and a really interesting placement
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Get a lot of positive feedback, which is always appreciated
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Weekly meetings with my manager, as well as catch up with other members of the team and weekly team meetings
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Allowed to manage own projects and get involved in as much as I wanted to
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Excel skills greatly improved, as well as analytical and communication
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Fun place to work for, busy but very nice team
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Clear monthly goals and targets
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
A lot of on the job learning, not so much training courses which would have been useful
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
No graduate scheme which is a shame
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Placement students tend to live and socialise together - around 10 placement students this year
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Expensive to live in london, but to be expected. Rent wasn't too bad, but you end up spending a lot of money on the tube.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
A few nice, local pubs, but there isn't much in East Finchley. Would recommend living somewhere like Angel or somewhere else on the Northern line.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Dependant on how much you want to get involved with