- Updating and developing daily, weekly and monthly information systems to aid in the reporting of key performance indicators for the business.
- Responsibility for supporting the delivery of research projects by liaising with our external research agencies and our restaurant management teams and communicating with project owners.
- Analysing general and specific product and consumer trends and reporting the business impact to key decision makers.
- Responding to ad-hoc requests for information/data from both the Business Strategy and Insight team and other departments across the business.
- Assisting in monitoring and recording competitor’s promotional activities and product changes. Support in estimating their impact on McDonald’s business.
- Providing regular trend updates for key consumer tracking tools that capture brand sentiment and opinion.
- Responsibility for running an online poll amongst restaurant crew, to get their views on the latest food promotion.
- General administrative support of the BSI team.
Really enjoyed my year, great company to work for and a really interesting placement
Get a lot of positive feedback, which is always appreciated
Weekly meetings with my manager, as well as catch up with other members of the team and weekly team meetings
Allowed to manage own projects and get involved in as much as I wanted to
Excel skills greatly improved, as well as analytical and communication
Fun place to work for, busy but very nice team
Clear monthly goals and targets
A lot of on the job learning, not so much training courses which would have been useful
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
No graduate scheme which is a shame
Placement students tend to live and socialise together - around 10 placement students this year
Expensive to live in london, but to be expected. Rent wasn't too bad, but you end up spending a lot of money on the tube.
A few nice, local pubs, but there isn't much in East Finchley. Would recommend living somewhere like Angel or somewhere else on the Northern line.
Dependant on how much you want to get involved with
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Central London and City
2nd June 2011
£16,000 - £17,999