Purchasing Assistant at Lubrizol

Derby East Midlands
Accountancy Administration/Secretarial Auditing/Tax Banking and Finance Law Banking/Finance Business Analytics Business Intelligence Business Management Charity/Non Profit Chemical Engineering Commercial Law Corporate Law Customer Service E-Business Education/Teaching Employment Law Environmental Law Financial Management Insurance Logistics and Operations Mathematics/Statistics Recruitment Sales

Lubrizol is a Top Employer

8.9/10

Process orders, contracts, maintain reports, project work, account management, day to day queries and providing financial support to ensure payments,

I would describe this placement as fun and rewarding. I have particularly enjoyed the responsibilities, challenges, working environment and colleagues.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

Extremely! I don't recall ever being referred to as a student. I felt valued by management due to their encouragement to get out of my comfort zones and take on jobs that a full time position would involve.

My role was assigned a full time colleague for support on day to day questions, Supervisor for weekly reports and project updates, and a manager to review my experiences along side university work.

Very busy. I don't think it's useful for any student to have too much free time. It may sound appealing when applying, but it's invaluable when teaching your self the importance of time management !

Lots! My placement involved taking charge of many supplier contracts, taking equal charge in supplier review meetings, completing supplier audits, ensuring successful payments and reporting. The placement also gave me the opportunity to get involved in voluntary projects, one which involved a trip to France to visit the European manager and embark on UK wide research.

Priceless! Procurement industry training, Communication, IT skills, Analytical, Numerical, Professional conduct, Time management, Legal exposure, Financial exposure, Networking with other departments, Social- meeting different people through sports clubs etc, Teaching- 3 month student handover. Finally, due to completing this placement I will confidently take on the dreaded ''...can you tell a time when...'' in future interviews. As for my studies, it's rewarding to see all of my work in practice.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

Open door policy, fun, plenty of laughter, hard working, professional...

No complaints ! Help was provided for everything. My department and HR took on board any comments too.

Industry standard training modules, monthly reviews to see where I was lacking, international exposure where necessary.

Lubrizol do not provide graduate roles in the UK. Procurement is a very small department here, but I would say networking will pay off as the company focus on internal promotions which include many placement students returning. Management and HR will actively put my name forward and inform me of any job opportunity they see fit.

Very. fellow students soon became good friends, nights out, sport and social clubs allowed interaction with other departments.

Cost of living in Derby is very reasonable. A budget of £280 will get you a comfortable house decorated to a high standard. Lubrizol also provide landlord contacts.

Derby has a good night life for a small city. We regularly visited Nottingham using a bus service at £6 return running 24 hours.

Sports and social club, Fun fair, and Christmas party.