Intern at Cushman & Wakefield

Property/Real Estate
Cushman & Wakefield is a Top Employer

7.9/10

Summer Intern

I had an excellent 4 weeks, extremely welcoming team and great office atmosphere which made the experience thoroughly enjoyable.

I did feel valued by my colleagues, evidenced by the fact I was set important work which would actively contribute to client projects and felt I was not just doing tasks for the sake of it.

Everyone in the office was extremely helpful and approachable, they answered any questions I had and given the fact I had not studied a Real Estate degree, my colleagues were more than willing to explain more complex tasks or any work I was unfamiliar with.

Fairly busy. Some days were understandably quieter during the summer period whereas others I was set multiple tasks from different teams and had to remain organised to ensure I completed all work.

I was given a fair amount of responsibility, having the opportunity to interact directly with clients and complete tasks which were contributing to current projects or client briefs.

The internship has given me a great insight into the industry and I am now far more aware of what a career in property involves day to day. As a non-cognate I am sure the skills and knowledge I gained will assist me when I begin my Masters in Real Estate in September 2016.

Great atmosphere, perfect balance between a professional working environment and a friendly atmosphere with plenty of banter and interaction between teams.

The internship was a very smooth process. The HR team were extremely helpful and answered any questions I had prior to joining and ensured regional graduates were invited to the London intern social which was a great touch. There were certain times when I was short of work and felt a slight hinderence looking for tasks so a slightly bigger workload for the interns would be my only suggestion.

I was given a great variety of work in different teams, from office-based tasks to going out on site visits and measurements, to attending client meetings or viewings. This ensured I got lots of different experience in the different departments.

Very appealing. I would love the opportunity to join the 2016 Graduate Scheme.

Definitely. Everyone was very sociable and I was lucky enough to attend Chester races with the team which was a great evening out.

Up north so cheaper than London!

Manchester has great nightlife, lots of variety.

The regional interns were invited to the London graduate/intern event but there was little else apart from this. However this was understandable given we were only with the company for 4 weeks.