1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I had an amazing time at HP! It is an amazing place to work with extremely kind and supportive people! They give you a great deal of responsibility but make sure that you are feeling confident throughout! Couldn't have asked for a better placement year!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I did feel valued. I had lots of different tasks to do with different people which made the role extremely exciting!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had a mentor within my team and also my manager. I also worked on a couple EMEA projects for which I had a European management alignment.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Always had lots to do and a range of tasks!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Lots of different tasks and responsibilities and the role was great in regards to I could shape it to what I was interested in. You were encouraged to speak to new people who were in areas you wanted to develop in and initiate projects there too.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
We were encouraged to seek out training courses that were running. We also had access to HP university where you could login and do online training. There were regular intern talks where we got to go and listen to key stakeholders in the business talk about their careers.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Had a great buzz! Always busy and very open.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Really well set up placement scheme. 70 interns and a great supportive community.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We were treated like full time employees, receiving all support that they received.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They hire back a lot of interns and if you wanted a job back there and worked hard enough they are extremely encouraging in communicating that they would find something for you!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We had a great intern community and had a social team that were in charge of organising and planning events. We had nights out, weekends away and work events!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Reading isn't cheap but when it is term time, it gets cheaper. Average rent is about £85 a week.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There are lots of interns that live in reading so that is fun! There are plenty bars and clubs to last you the year.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were volunteering opportunities and charity events- palace to palace, three peaks, night rider and more