1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed working within the company, my team were exceptionally helpful and easy to get along with.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The work I was asked to produce and was producing for my team was used within official Valuations as apposed to just giving me work to keep me busy. I felt myself and my work was valued greatly.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My supervisor was very helpful and patient if there was a subject I did not understand. He was careful to explain not only what I was doing but the reasons why and made it a lot easier to comprehend for future tasks.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Most days I had something to be doing, even if it was some research that was on going. Rarely did I find myself without work.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I definitely felt like I was given a lot of responsibility, which is great!
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It has allowed me to apply theory from university in a more practical way creating more of an understanding for what I am being taught and why.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The department I worked in was a quiet area, which I enjoyed. However, everybody was still very friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The whole process was easy to follow and enjoyable. The interviews were more personal then other companies which was a nice touch.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company held an afternoon 'presentation skills' workshop which was very useful and will help us in both our studies and career.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They are definitely top of my list for a graduate job!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We had a department day out to Ascot for the property races and several after work and lunch time drinks!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I already live in Central London so this didn't change for me
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There were quite a few bars and restaurants.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were opportunities to get involved in some sports matches, which I know a few of the interns did!