Processing paperwork for BMW Oxford, Hams Hall and Swindon Plants Stores.
Negotiating with suppliers on a daily basis
Supplier sustainability project
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I liked my job however it was all very boring admin tasks. It felt like a cheap labour rather than a an actual learning job. I wasn't given many different tasks to challenge and improve myself. I could of developed a lot more if I got involve in more projects rather than just checking and preparing paperwork
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues are generally very nice. The best thing was everyone is welcome and didn't mind me asking questions.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I didn't get much training and support. Most of the time I had to learn by myself and find my own ways to solve problems
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It depends. Some days are very busy, some just quiet. But I had work to do everyday
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Not so much. Since I don't get to do different things. My tasks are 90% administrations
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have become a different person after a placement year. I trained myself to be punctual, professional in writing and speaking. I've gained a lot of knowledge in the real business world. I've made a lot of contacts.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It also depends. My colleagues are hard working so it motivates me more.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Not very organised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There wasn't any proper trainings for me. I had to learn by myself as I go
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I still would love to come back after I graduate but I will apply to different positions. I think the placement year was boring in terms of tasks but I'm sure the actual jobs are a lot more interesting. Since I have already had a good insight of the company, it would be even easier
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Not so many
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Rent is expensive as well as restaurants.
My salary was low
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There are many places to go for dinner, drinks and clubbing.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?