1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Thoroughly enjoyed my internship and feel I have learned a lot during my time at SLI and completed a number of interesting tasks.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt like I was part of the team and very included, everyone was friendly.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Any time I had a task it was explained well to me so I understood what I was to do.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was very busy some weeks and other weeks I was not as busy however, I never felt overwhelmed by the work load I had.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given responsibility by my colleagues and feedback was usually given on the task I completed.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Going to be largely beneficial for my future career in real estate as it has given me a insight into client side real estate. Also the projects that I have been working on and experience I have gained over my 10 weeks are going to be very beneficial for my courses at university.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Atmosphere was good, people were keen to have a chat and ask how I was getting on but also people had work to do so they were focused when they had stuff to get on with.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Internship was set up well and there were intern meetings once a week where we would all get together and work on different task from what we were doing on our internship such as the intern charity project.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There has been a lot invested in the interns and as a company to work for it has been great.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would definitely like to apply for the graduate scheme after this internship.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, every weekend there was usually an intern event where we got together.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Not too ridiculous as Edinburgh is not too expensive as a city.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Nightlife in Edinburgh is good, there are lots of restaurants, bars and clubs which are all very different throughout the cirty. Also during August the Fringe festival is on which is great!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes there were opportunities and there is a Young Persons Development Network that we were all invited to be a part of. There were also opportunities to be a part of teams and clubs.