Dtudent to provide support to the product team in Goodwood head quarters of rolls-royce
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed my placement with rolls-royce so much that I have applied to the graduate scheme and I am hopeful to return to the company after the completion of my degree.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
This postition allows you to be treated as an equal member of the team involved in all projects.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My management team were always on hand to answer any questions as well as guide me step by step should it be necessary throughout the year with any and all issues that occured.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
This placement as with many jobs had its peaks and dips in terms of business levals depending on what project and customer desire was in the marketplace how ever this overall felt like the perfect balance.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was fortunate to be given a great deal of responsibility as a member of the configurator team for rolls-royce motor cars I was able to create the assets for the configurator for the new car arriving in 2016 meaning I was privy to some very important information and was trusted not to leak it.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
As some one who had never worked in the professional environment this placement was absolutely instrumental in the development of core skills we uad researched in theory at university allowing me to see the real world application for many theories I had previously doubted would be of any value.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was a perfect balance of absolutely professional at all tims but joveial and a pleasant place to work although serious avout the job everone still took the time to talk with one another something I felt was of huge importance for networking and also helping me as an individual to feel more at ease at work.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement scheme is clearly something the hr department started sometime ago and the whole operation ran smoothly from start to finish.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
My line manager in particular spent large quantities of his time ensuring I had had sufficient training in the software that rolls-royce used. In addition to training for my daily tasks I was able to attend a number of team building days where the departments worked on improving the quality of work produced and finding new efficiency.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The future prospects of employment are definitely of interest to me and I have already discussed my application to the company as a graduate post degree
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Plenty of fun was to be had organised between the interns and also permanent staff
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living in Chichester was high as a result being a car owner I commuted from Portsmouth which in a petrol car was extremely expensive so I got hold of a diesel car instead and the cost dropped dramatically
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The night life in Chichester is non existing however I wasn't living in Chichester as I was commuting from elsewhere and I doubt thos would be a deal breaker for anyone wanting to gain employment in the company
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were ample opportunity to be involved in after work activities if you so wished