Product Assistant at TUI UK

Luton South East
Travel and Tourism

9.1/10

9.4

Strategically planning the launch of a new season, analysing cost base, pricing and promoting our hotel programme/products.

Had some amazing opportunities on my placement year that I thoroughly enjoyed!

I was treated just like other colleagues within my department which was great and made me feel really valued.

Continual training and support was always on hand, right from my induction period to any training I wanted/needed throughout. As well as additional training on systems I was offered training in other departments, on excel powepoint and presentation skills to develop me even further.

I was always busy on a daily basis, with getting involved in so many things. This was great to help me manage my time and prioritise.

The great thing about TUI is that I was always given such exciting tasks that came with loads of responsibility! I never felt like I was just doing a task for the sake of it, but at the same time wasn't thrown in at the deep end too early.

I have learned so much about the business enviornment as well as skills that will most certainly help me in my degree and beyond in future jobs.

Everyone in the office is really friendly and approachable. I've met some friends for life during my placement year and some senior members of the business that are really inspirational. There are always social events happening during work and also after work that are really engaging and help to network with other colleagues from around the division.

The organisation is exceptional, every month we have meetings. All elements of our learning and development/training are really well organised and we had a really well structured induction plan that was a useful introduction to the scheme and the business.

I had lots of training and development alongside my job training and training on systems. I had workshops on training other people, excel beginner and intermediate level, powerpoint training and also presentation skills. I was also able to spend half days in other departments to learn more about the rest of the business.

Future employment opportunities are very appealing to come back to such a great company. They offer opportunities within the current roles we have been working in and also opportunities to apply for the Graduate Scheme and be fast tracked to assessment day.

Most definitely! There are always opportunities to attend social events and be sociable with colleagues.

Not too pricey, both living and socialising were similar costs to my hometown and not particularly expensive.

There are many places close by to where I work that offer great nightlife and really fun nights out. Including London just a short train journey away.

Lots of social events, as well as team Rounders, TUI Netball and many other sports.