Process Engiener at Air Products

Chemical Engineering

7.6/10

7.4

6.0

Responsible for process calculations and duty specifications for process equipment for cryogenic air separation plants.

The work was interesting and directly related to what I had studied at university. The most enjoyable aspect was that I was continuously learning more about process design throughout the placement.

Work given was essentially equal to that of other employees, just with extra time allocated for technical support. In that regard I felt highly valued as work I completed every day contributed to real projects.

Managers have been extremely helpful throughout the placement and contributed to my learning massively. They can be busy but this was easily solved by planning and allocating time specifically for guidance and support.

Workload fluctuated throughout the year as expected in this industry/role. I always had something to be working on though and never completely ran dry of work.

Calculations and specifications I have completed will all be used to purchase equipment for real plants.

Every project I have worked on will be beneficial as the role is so closely related to my degree. There are also many business-related and organisational skill that I've picked up that will be valuable into the future.

Generally very good but had its ups and downs. Team spirit was great for the majority of the whole year.

Never came across any organisation issues.

Knowledge hand down from managers is extremely good. I experienced very little byond that in my role though.

Fairly. It's a very expensive area to live in when on junior wages but prospects are excellent for the future in the company.

Good social scene with a few regular calendar events.

One of the most expensive area in the country.

Good, easy access to London.

Some, good STEMnet connections.