designer in the Bespoke Design department of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really love it, Rolls Royce is a great company producing the best car in the all world but everything in a nice and peaceful atmosphere. I can learn a lot more than at school, specially by working with craftsmen.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Really nice atmosphere in the office, a great and young team. Quick and easy integration.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Not a lot of guidance but a lot of projects to work on with a large degree of freedom. A lot of confidence between people.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I'm really busy but I can touch to a lot of specialties with responsibility so I never get bored or annoyed. Really exciting work.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
More I progress in the internship, more I get responsibility so it's really encouraging.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learn skills that I couldn't learn anywhere else, specially by working with craftsmen. Everything is concrete so I learn a way more than at school.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Peaceful and a lot of solidarity between people
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I received the contract a bit late, some issues of communication with the HR at first, probably because it's a big company and there is a lot to manage. But since everything was done properly.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I work really hard on my weaknesses with specific work that my manager expect from me, so it's good
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
it seems to be possible to get a job contract after the internship
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
there is a few other students in the company, usually really kind people
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
England is very expensive, specially public transport and alcohol....
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
a few pubs but everything closes early, not so fun
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?