1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my year working at TCB, I learnt a lot about affiliate marketing, sales and account management.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt really valued, it's a great environment to work in as there are often to discussions to get different views on how you would handle the situation, which makes you and your opinion feel really valued.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
To a great extent - there are regular reviews with your manager, and support is always available.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It varies from day-to-day, Mondays and Fridays were very busy. Even when I finished my own work there were always opportunities to take part in bigger projects.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given my own accounts to manage, and also various promotions and areas on site which were my core responsibility ensuring everything was set up on time and to a high standard.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
They will assist be greatly, my teamwork and my communication skills have developed to a massive extent. I've also learnt to apply theory that I learnt in my first 2 years at uni to a real business environment, which will be a great asset in final year when writing my dissertation.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere is great, it's quite a laid back environment so people get along really well. Everyone seems to have the same sort of sense of humor so i's a really good laugh as well!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Really well organised, I was given a lot of training and advice when I first started so I never felt out of my depth. My manager made sure we kept on top of any reviews I had to send back to uni.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There has been great training both at the very start and on newer tasks and processes throughout the year.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing, had a great year at TCB!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, great, we had quite a few nights out over the year.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Fairly cheap, but there
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not great, there are a couple of clubs in Stafford, but a few decent bars that open quite late.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There have a been a few charity events, and work socials.