Intern at BMW Group

Logistics and Operations

BMW Group is a Top Employer

7.8/10

7.4

The responsibilities you get are those of a real job. You have a lot of opportunity to interact with different departments in the company and the role challenges you to be more analytical of every situation you need to address. You also have a lot of reporting to do and data entry tasks which can be monotonus sometimes but these are normal responsibilities for a placement student which you will normally find with any company.

Everyone is very friendly and you are introduced to all members of the team and those people you will normally need to deal with. I always found everyone very kind and helpful with my enquiries.

The previous student trained me for the role, however, my managers were always very helpful and supportive when I had an equiry. They would come to me from time to time to check how I was settling down and to remind me that I could always come to them if I needed to. They also considered my comments and opinions and trusted me with important tasks.

The role varies a lot, there are days when you are very busy and specially at the beggining as you are working slower. By the end, when you gain speed on your taks, you find that you have much more free time and you find yourself trying to find out what to do!

From the beginning, you get a lot of responsibility on the tasks you need to do daily.

The position allowed me to become more confident and really gain a deeper and more practical undestanding on my field of studies

Friendly and cooperative.

Very well. You get all paperwork you need in advance and the first day you get an induction with other starters. The tasks are also well defined for the role.

For permanent positions ther are a lot of training and development opportunities, but these are not offered to the interns. Apart from the initial training for the role, there are no other training opportunities available for students.

Different Job opportunities are available with Rolls-Royce and also with the BMW group in different locations. I have actually been successful on my application for a permanent role within the company.

Yes, there was a facebook page for students and, although I did not attend, there were different social events organised by students.

No idea, I do not leave in the area, I commute.

Although I do not leave in the area, I have been to a couple of places in the evening and there are few popular pubs around and one or two clubs.

Thre are some opportunities. The company organises family day every year and there are also couple of events organised by the department.