1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Overall it was a great experience and one I thoroughly enjoyed.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Was trusted to do work which colleagues would rely on, make calls to clients, speak to partners in the company etc.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Never felt like I couldn't ask if I had a problem. Never felt like I was wasting their time o and never felt awkward about asking if there was anything I could do for them.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was given a constant flow of work. Some days time was more pressured and tasks had to be completed faster, other days time was more leisurely. The nature of the job didn't surround meeting targets within a certain time so there never really was a huge pressure which I enjoy sometimes.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I felt that I was given a sufficient amount of responsibility. Not too much that I felt stressed and not too little that I felt like I wasn't contributing anything. I was allowed to represent the company to clients, converse with employees higher in the hierarchy, and complete tasks which would be vital to the use of the team.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The nature of the work was practical, reinforcing the theoretical basis my studies are based upon. It was nice to see much of what we learn be within the workplace, even if its just in passing.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very friendly, everyone was welcoming and keen to talk about what one was doing, plans for the rest of the summer etc. Showed a general interest in the interns working for the company. There was a great balance between the offie being friendly with jokes flying round and being a serious work place.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well. From previous experience I have been into the office where there clearly has been no former effort to formalise things for the intern to do. On my first day I was shown a list of some of the things I would be doing over the next few weeks. The team had taken time to allocate suitable tasks for me to complete.
Cushman also made an effort to organise events for the interns to help them integrate. This made the whole experience very enjoyable.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
This form of experience is priceless. I felt I was given a great insight into the role the team played in the company through the tasks I was given, the meetings I was allowed to partake in and the general knowledge the team departed during my time there. In terms of my future career path therefore I couldn't value the experience higher.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very high. The impression from the people who work there and the general atmosphere of the office makes it a very desirable place to work.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes. There was a great effort made by the teams to take me out for drinks. Huge effort was made by the graduates to get to know the employees. The majority of interns were also very keen to get to know one another.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London prices are pricey, this was known before I undertook the internship. Cushman however provided opportunities for free to socialise. There were softball events and drinks were provided on several occasions.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Many bars and clubs etc.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
A few. Would have like to have seen more of the clubs offered to the employees.