Summer Intern in Asset Management at Cushman & Wakefield

Property/Real Estate
Cushman & Wakefield is a Top Employer

7.7/10

Overall it was a great experience and one I thoroughly enjoyed.

Was trusted to do work which colleagues would rely on, make calls to clients, speak to partners in the company etc.

Never felt like I couldn't ask if I had a problem. Never felt like I was wasting their time o and never felt awkward about asking if there was anything I could do for them.

I was given a constant flow of work. Some days time was more pressured and tasks had to be completed faster, other days time was more leisurely. The nature of the job didn't surround meeting targets within a certain time so there never really was a huge pressure which I enjoy sometimes.

I felt that I was given a sufficient amount of responsibility. Not too much that I felt stressed and not too little that I felt like I wasn't contributing anything. I was allowed to represent the company to clients, converse with employees higher in the hierarchy, and complete tasks which would be vital to the use of the team.

The nature of the work was practical, reinforcing the theoretical basis my studies are based upon. It was nice to see much of what we learn be within the workplace, even if its just in passing.

Very friendly, everyone was welcoming and keen to talk about what one was doing, plans for the rest of the summer etc. Showed a general interest in the interns working for the company. There was a great balance between the offie being friendly with jokes flying round and being a serious work place.

Very well. From previous experience I have been into the office where there clearly has been no former effort to formalise things for the intern to do. On my first day I was shown a list of some of the things I would be doing over the next few weeks. The team had taken time to allocate suitable tasks for me to complete.

Cushman also made an effort to organise events for the interns to help them integrate. This made the whole experience very enjoyable.

This form of experience is priceless. I felt I was given a great insight into the role the team played in the company through the tasks I was given, the meetings I was allowed to partake in and the general knowledge the team departed during my time there. In terms of my future career path therefore I couldn't value the experience higher.

Very high. The impression from the people who work there and the general atmosphere of the office makes it a very desirable place to work.

Yes. There was a great effort made by the teams to take me out for drinks. Huge effort was made by the graduates to get to know the employees. The majority of interns were also very keen to get to know one another.

London prices are pricey, this was known before I undertook the internship. Cushman however provided opportunities for free to socialise. There were softball events and drinks were provided on several occasions.

Many bars and clubs etc.

A few. Would have like to have seen more of the clubs offered to the employees.