1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Thoroughly enjoyed my internship at C&W. Was given good exposure and involved in a variety of tasks with different members of the team. Also felt I was given some responsibility and that the work I was doing would help my team.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt valued by my colleagues. Most of the time I was busy and the work I was doing was always appreciated by my colleagues. I built a good relationship with members of the team and felt we all got on very well.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
All members of the team were very busy, so sometimes I felt like I could not spend much time with them. However, on a few occasions, the Partner in the team sat down with me and taught me a few basic things that they use regularly. This meant I could do more tasks to help the team, and also gave me more of an insight into what the team does.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days were frantic and some a lot quieter. The team members were out of the office a lot, so it was difficult to ask for work when this was the case. However, on the whole I nearly always had something I could get on with.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was sent on site visits alone, and had direct interaction with clients but on the telephone and via email. I felt I was given a lot of responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
As I am going to do my real estate masters in September, I feel that the skills I have learnt will really help. I also feel I have more of an understanding of how larger property companies operate and the day to day goings on.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very friendly - everyone was polite and willing to help.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was very well organised and ran smoothly. One suggestion would be maybe to have some departmental talks for the interns to give us an insight into what happens in other departments.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I felt that my team invested in my through teaching me and exposing me to a number of situations.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
We have been told that jobs are offered after the internship. However, the chances are slightly more uncertain now that the company is merging with DTZ. My fingers are crossed for a job offer!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes - there was a social scene amongst interns. We met up for drinks every week and had a few lunches together. There was also a chance to socialise with the graduates at a couple of social events.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I was fortunate enough to live at home. Socialising is very expensive in London so we were very fortunate that C&W contributed to a bar tab at a couple of social events!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
We didn't see too much of the nightlife - we went for drinks after work on a few occasions and had an intern social - both of which were very fun!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes - there was the opportunity to play softball with the graduates