1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at C&W, met some great people and learnt a lot.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued by my colleagues as they made sure I had work to be getting on with all the time and the work I was helping with was valuable to them. I was given the opportunity to attend client meetings, which also made me feel valued.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My supervisor was excellent and was able to help me out with an queries I had. He also took the time to explain things to me, which meant I was able to learn a considerable amount in 4 weeks.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was busy everyday with enjoyable tasks of which varied. I was given work by three different colleagues in my team and attended meetings with them plus another in my team. I was not too busy that I didn't have time to take my lunch break to socialise and get to know the other interns, so it was an excellent balance.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given the right amount of responsibility I felt I should have as an intern.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I developed a whole range of valuable skills including those in the office and personal to me. We received presentation skills training which is something I have never had and was extremely useful as these are skills I will use throughout my career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was great, everyone was very sociable yet working hard. Everyone who was working around me introduced themselves so I felt at home.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was very well organised. The first day we were given laptops and logins so we were able to start work straight away. There were a number of events that occurred during the internship that were also very well organised including social events and personal skills events.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had a great training session on presentation skills which was highly beneficial. We had the opportunity to present to a panel who gave individual feedback to help with our own personal development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love the opportunity to work at C&W.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social scene among other interns was great. We went for drinks on a weekly basis and many of us met up for lunch when we could. I will definitely keep in contact with some of the interns.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The area was fairly pricey, however this is expected in a central London location!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife was great. As interns we met up a good few times for drinks after work.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were many activities outside of working including sports.