Student Vehicle Analyst at BMW Group

4.8/10

5.7
3.8

4.8

Performing analysis on quality issues of both production and pre production cars' body and interior trim. All findings would be put into a report along with a recommended course of action.

This placement gave me the opportunity to see an overview of the manufacturing process of cars. I was supported by my team throughout the placement, although my work was never specified to one module.

At times, especially at the beginning it felt as though jobs nobody else wanted to do were given to you. However, mixed in with this was a lot of meaningful, interesting and challenging tasks.

I feel the support system wasn't as robust as it could have been. However, any help needed would be available on request.

My department had very busy, and very slow periods.

Within some of my work I was given full responsibility for analysis that was not overseen by anybody. I was also responsible to relay these findings to relevant people.

Organisation, working within a team and dealing with stressful situations are the most valuable skills I have developed. However, the most important thing I have witnessed and learnt about is how full time working life in engineering is. I received no formal training.

I was based in a big open plan office, containing many different departments. It was a good way to get to know your colleagues and it was never quiet, plus people bring in cakes on their birthdays for everyone!

In terms of the company- very well. However, within my department I did not have a set plan of work. This could well be due to the fact the work that arises in quality engineering is unpredictable.

I had no formal training.

No student received any information regarding graduate schemes, even after requesting this from HR. However, the people I worked with were lovely- and it would definitely be something to think about if manufacturing engineering was the route I wished to go down.

There is a great mix of students from all different countries- mainly England, Germany and Austria. There was generally something going on you could tag along to if you wanted to- however, nothing was ever formally arranged by the company as I am aware some of my University friends companies did.

In terms of colleagues, they have a christmas party and occasional social events. There are also project meetings 3 or 4 times a year that everyone is invited to with the directors that do have a social aspect to them.

Very expensive.