1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my placement, I was given a lot of responsibility and exposure to people in the company and varying levels. The company is also a very open and friendly environment which makes coming to work a lot nicer.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was given a lot of responsibilities by my team as they valued the work I did and I was treated as any other member of staff and not just another placement student who would be leaving soon
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Management were always really helpful and I didn't feel like I couldn't ask them anything or for help.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Most days very busy. Some days it was more quiet
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given lots of tasks to do. Responsible for lots of confidential information regarding new starters. I was also responsible for organising assessment centres by myself.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have learnt a lot about working in a professional environment and also that I can work 9-5. I didn't use mathematical skills that I have learnt but I have used my logical thinking
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very friendly and open
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
some career events happened at the end of the placement rather than throughout about how to make the most of it and what to do nexty
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
company invested lots of time but I didn't do many courses
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I've been offered a part time job and they would like me to come back in some element.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
12 placement students so did lots of social events
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Guildford is fairly expensive
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not the biggest nightlife but still good. University town
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?