1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have really enjoyed this placement year and have loved getting to know everyone in the company. The job is very interesting with new situations every day so you never have the same day twice.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued by my colleagues and have loved working alongside everyone in the office. They made me feel like a full time employee and have made me very welcome in the office. I will miss them when i leave!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My managers were there for me at every point, and i never felt that I could not speak to them. They gave me targets that I had to try and reach and this was monitored throughout my time at Golfbreaks.com so that I could then put measures in place if I had not reached them so that hopefully by the next target date I had met or exceeded thee targets.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It is very busy in the office, and I had a large workload that I had to manage on a day to day basis but this has meant that I have never been bored and the days always fly by!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility throughout my placement and was given my own clients so that I was specifically looking after their booking which meant that I was their point of contact. I really enjoyed this role.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There is a really friendly atmosphere in the office!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I had monthly meetings with my manager which involved going through my targets and setting objectives in place that I could aim for in the following month.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Lots of full time employees have previously had their placement with Golfbreaks.com and I would love to return if I had the opportunity.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There is a really good social scene at Golfbreaks.com with both the placement students and colleagues.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?