This review was written using a previous version of questions that
were updated in 2013
I was involved in the sort of work a trainee would usually be involved in. It was a two week placement, sitting in a different department each week. I got involved in various tasks like telephoning various bodies like the Home Office and Companies House to check on applications, sending chasing emails to clients, carrying out internet research and sorting documents.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It depended day by day and there were a couple of quiet points, but overall I was kept busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Really nice people, who although busy would always make time for questions.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Graduate Recruitment organised the weeks very well with a good mix of work and talks.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I gained a training contract through my placement.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We all socialised outside the office and have kept in touch since.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London's not exactly cheap!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?