Vacation Scheme student at CMS

Legal/Law

This review was written using a previous version of questions that were updated in 2013

7.5/10

7.7

I was involved in the sort of work a trainee would usually be involved in. It was a two week placement, sitting in a different department each week. I got involved in various tasks like telephoning various bodies like the Home Office and Companies House to check on applications, sending chasing emails to clients, carrying out internet research and sorting documents.

It depended day by day and there were a couple of quiet points, but overall I was kept busy.

Really nice people, who although busy would always make time for questions.

Graduate Recruitment organised the weeks very well with a good mix of work and talks.

I gained a training contract through my placement.

We all socialised outside the office and have kept in touch since.

London's not exactly cheap!