A wide variety of jobs that gave a detailed overview of life as a junior trainee solicitor at - including proof-reading, completing transaction forms, legal research, drafting and reviewing documentation.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Made to feel very welcome and definitely an open-door policy.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Cannot fault them. Very approachable and patient.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
A good balance of work provided by the department and also exercises/presentations by graduate recruitment that gave a detailed view of how a law firm operates.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As much as can be expected on a Vacation Scheme - was not expecting to be given any responsibility but surprised by level of some work given.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Perfect insight into life as a trainee.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very impressive scheme with graduate recruitment very engaging.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Presentations and workshops on skills that are still useful now - how to give presentations, legal drafting etc.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Offered a job after completing vacation scheme and still there now.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Very good social side and still friends with a number of them now.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?