Quality Assurance Analyst at Airbus

4.3/10

5.2
3.2

4.5

Calling suppliers for distribution plans and prices, test-data for parts.

Carrying out internal tests on parts and using all available data (supplier-provided, archived and test-results) to input into analyses engines and models.

Optimising models accordingly and providing solutions to increase theoretical life of parts - i,e, new suppliers, modifying suppliers' manufacturing-practices etc.

Role wasn't exactly what I expected - it was a lot more research oriented than I was hoping,

Took time to prove my worth, but I was reviewed highly by my manager.

Not much help provided, I had to learn from others and learn just by having a go at different types of work.

I had to keep myself busy since my targets were flexible. I tried to put in as much work as I possibly could.

I was given lots of little jobs, and had one opportunity to negotiate a contract for parts, which was good exposure.

Negotitation and interaction with manufacturers of lots of different parts allowed me to understand how the manufacturing and aerospace industries work together, which helped me to get future internships.

I was mainly in a lab, and as exected, things don't get that exciting whilst poring over spreadsheets and data.

I had to network and request for an internship, so there was no real structure to it. I was just put into a team and had to learn the job's functions and contribute wherever I could.

My role didn't require much training or development, and there were no investment practices that I knew of, so this didn't happen at all.

For those interested in aerospace and manufacturing, prospects are ok. Pay is in line with industry standard, not many extra perks or bonuses.

For everyone else, this is better as just a temporary programme to gain experience.

There was one other person in a similar role, but she was on a graduate exchange programme. We hung out a lot and got to know each other very well by the end of the placement as there was not much else to do.

I was flat-sharing near Filton and it was cheap, but my living conditions were poor and I got paid no salary for this internship.

I only went out with the exchange student to a few clubs, pubs and bars, which were ok.

There was absolutely no chance, I tried hard to get involved in an Exchange Experience Programme with another manufacturer in a different industry, but this was not approved.