1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Great intern community at HP hiring over 60 interns
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Good, friendly atmosphere. Open door policy, sitting next to many different teams, managers or interns.
Good to have support of other team members or interns if you are struggling with something there will be someone to help.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Overall, everything was good. Had a few issues at the start with getting paid and being on the correct tax codes.
The interns have to find housing together after the first month which can be a bit stressful but you do get there in the end.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Lots of different training programmes and development talks going on throughout the year.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
One of the best parts of the year.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Rent varied from 300 to 400 pounds a month which wasn't too bad. Bars and clubs weren't as cheap as university town but was ok in general.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Only a few clubs and bars in Reading. Not the best nightlife ever but always went out in big groups so was good fun regardless.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
HP run a lot of events and volunteering opportunities throughout the year as part of the Intern Committee. Events included 3 peaks challenge, reading half marathon, palace to palace bike ride, night rider, up @ the O2 and many more.