CEO Assistant at Absolute Internship

Shanghai Rest of the World
Media

8.3/10

The company produced TV and radio programs on finance as well as a magazine on the real-estate market in Shanghai. There were over 150 employees so helped CEO prepare for all meetings taking place in English, handled most of Western clients, and reviewed contracts written in English.

The placement company was great, but the internship company lacked the structure most Western companies have for long term interns. This was part of learning experience so turned out to be a positive.

I felt like I had been working there for several years

The level of support you would expect from the CEO that manages 150+ people

Very project based so very busy for periods that require much overtime and then some slow days in between projects

I was given the most responsibility out of all other interns due to my foreigner status

Since felt like family, the mix between work and personal was constant.

Absolute Internship helped make the process seamless and help the host company with their first foreign intern (me).

I did something new every week and used the other staff to help accomplish this task.

If you speak Chinese then future employment seems quite possible.

I was the only other foreign full-time intern within this host company

A conversion rate of 1USD = 7 RMB really helps the wallet

Shanghai, I am sure you know

I was involved in two or three but had opportunity for more if I found the time.