Applied Sciences Placement Student at Lubrizol

Chemistry

Lubrizol is a Top Employer

7.5/10

7.4

Student chemist, running standard testing as well as to help further develop new project work.

Really enjoyable, a really lovely company filled with helpful and caring employees.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

I always felt like my input was considered and important no matter what it was. I felt like I was a member of a team and that what I said mattered.

Plenty of support and training was made available, there was always someone to ask for help.

I always had plenty to do and was kept busy in the lab as well as in the officeik. However my supervisor was very supportive in ensuring that I wasn't over worked.

I had responsibility over the data as well as how to present the results as well as if any further analysis was necessary.

Many of the experimental procedures are very industry specific. However many of the wider skills, such as organisation etc will be invaluable as well as standard lab practices and seeing how a business runs will be very helpful. Although some equipment is used in universities and I may use in the future

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

Very friendly and approachable nice atmosphere and good laughs. Always welcome in other offices too which was always nice, good balance between working but also being enjoyable.

Lots of support before beginning the placement, and all questions I had were answered.

A lot of online training was undertaken as well as links to online procedures for experimentals. Specific training was given for each of the experiments as well as plenty of health and safety training.

If there are any available I would apply but it is not guaranteed that there will be any jobs.

Sports and social allowed for many outings between groups as well as other events making me feel not just like a student but a member of the team.

Housing not too expensive and nights out weren't either.

Derby itself is ok, but there are many cities quite close which always have a good nightlife.

You had the opportunity to join the sports and social committee as well as the environmental committee. The sports and social group organize discounted events, such as bowling or laser tag. Almost anything as long as enough people are interested.