1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Brilliant placement. Huge responsibility in the role with huge trust being placed in our ability- motivates you to perform to as high a level as possible.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues have been great from the start and are saying they're gutted I'll be leaving shortly which is always a nice thing to hear!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Guidance and support was always given when asked for. Proactive developmental advice and guidance could be better.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Workload inevitably fluctuates however generally the working day was full.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
For a student, I've been given a tremendous amount of responsibility. If I make a mistake, we could be out of stock in one or more of six markets across a range of brands and products which is terrifying! Again, it only acts as a motivator to perform to the best of my ability.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills learnt will help in all aspects of my future, particularly in the workplace post-university. I've learnt a rane of different things that I would never have considered necessary in the workplace and is something that is not taught at uni.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Casual, cheerful and generally light hearted. People often laughing and joking while getting on with our daily routines.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
From start to finish the placement has been well structured with clear direction. The handover I received was long and unstructured which is my main problem with my placement however this was not down to the overall organisation of the placement itself.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I recieved little in the way of official training/development however my senior management have made huge amounts of information available to me for my own development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very. I'm currently in the process of finalising an application for a European graduate position in Zug,
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Couldn't have asked for a better group of people to live and work with.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Living costs were good, socialising is more expensive but obviously it depends how often you socialise!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Maidenhead is poor, however Reading and London are very accessible which are both brilliant.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Not all that much on offer however company cricket is something I got heavily involved in