Application Development Student at Lubrizol

Computer and Systems Engineering

Lubrizol is a Top Employer

8.0/10

7.4

Managing projects and developing applications

Working at Lubrizol has been a great experience as I was able to gain new skills.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

My colleagues were able to give me valuable feedback and support in order for me to progress forward.

Other developers were able to teach me on how to analyse technical problems efficiently. My supervisors gave me advice on organisation, project management and coding techniques. Overall the support was fantastic from them.

I had to progress through three different projects and ensure they follow a specific life cycle model.

I was responsible for maintaining and modifying three different projects used by various customers around the world.

I plan on incorporating the core skills that I have learnt from Lubrizol, into my final year project.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

Everyone in the department were really friendly

At the start of the placement year, the previous placement student was able to teach me the basics. After a few weeks, I picked up multiple projects. Overall, the set up was very good.

The department gave me online training resources to learn from as well as setting sessions to teach me different technologies.

They are quite appealing due to the infrastructure and organisation that they have

There was a very good social scene

I cannot comment in this area because I lived at home

Nightlife is very good as all bars and clubs are located within the city centre

There were a good amount of opportunities to get involved with activities outside of work due to Lubrizol's sports and social club setting them up.