7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Working in a small office within a large building meant we had a good team environment with strong relationships. All the people around the building are extremely helpful.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Even though the work I would be doing was organised, there could have been more interaction/sessions including all the students with different departments. This would've helped us understand the operations a lot more.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had a couple training days around presentation skills and the difference between management and leadership. They were very informative and would have liked to experience more of these.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
As the company is currently going through an acquisition, it is hard to say whether opportunities will be present in a years time. However, my manager has always said they would welcome me back at any time.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Us students always had lunch every day to ensure we had that hours break that is needed.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived at home, but after talking to the other students that moved here I think it is just average prices for accomodation.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Didn't have a night out in the local area, heard it is average at best though. Nearest town is Nuneaton, Birmingham/Leicester are a train ride away for a good night out.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Didn't explore any external activities due to commuting to and from work. I believe there are sports teams at TNT that anyone can get involved in. There are also charity events including the chance to man/woman the phones for Children in need night.
Imagine yourself working at TNT
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at TNT