1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I had a great time at my placement, I learnt so much more in the year than I did in two at university.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was valued by my colleagues and felt a real member of the team. It never really felt as if i was a "placement".
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I met with my team regularly as well as having 1 on 1 meetings with my direct manager.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days were extremely busy whereas some were very quiet which can be a bit boring. However the work was always stimulating and interesting
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given lots of responsibility which was great, i felt like i really had an impact on the brand.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel much better about my final year and feel my experience will only help me to progress.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Office was generally quite quiet, others that had worked at other companies thought it was too. However everyone was always happy to chat and really friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Some things could have been communicated a bit better beforehand. However once on placement it was left to individual teams in regards to the work you completed. i was very happy with how my year went.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was sent on multiple training days and inductions, some of which were great, others not so much. Some of the better training days were restricted to permanent employees which isn't great,
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would work for the company again, however the location of the office isn't as appealing as some competitor companies.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, we had a great time and often socialised. It was one of the best things about placement. We could work hard but still have the university social aspects.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
the area is quite expensive to live in and Maidenhead isnt great.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
there are a number of small bars clubs in maidenhead, however they are very hit and miss. Reading isnt too far away, London is also very good but expensive.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Not really, As a team we did a few social gatherings, there was also a placement football team but we had to organise this ourselves.