Work experience - mainly baised in applied sciences at Lubrizol

Belper - Hazelwood East Midlands
Chemical Engineering Chemistry Engineering

Lubrizol is a Top Employer

8.9/10

Very fun and interesting the people are all very friendly.

I enjoyed the work experience very much as the work they do is very interesting and the staff are all really helpful and welcoming.The week i was with them for I found very rewarding as it was good fun and I have learnt a lot.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

I felt valued because the work that i carried out was normal tasks the staff would of had to do and the people there were very kind to me.

I had lots of support because I was always with somebody and the staff were all very supportive and friendly.

The information I have learnt was useful and beneficial to me because it has gave me an experience in a hopeful future job environment.

The insight I think was very structured as there was always something for me to do and to be getting on with.

The atmosphere I think was great as the staff are all really nice and get along with each other and they are all very welcoming and friendly.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

Throughout the week all the work was explained to me and in great detail.They made sure that I learnt about what the company do and they gave me a great understanding of the work carried out by allowing me to shadow staff members.

They showed me various roles within the company and the work they carried out.They let me carry out various tasks and showed me all the correct safety procedures which is a very important thing for a company like Lubrizol.

I now understand what the company does how it does it and even the history on the site.

I think now I would like to go into a Chemistry based job as the placement was great fun.Also the job fascinates me very much and it has helped me on choosing the correct career path.

I was on work experience so I wouldn't be paid.

Yes I was with different employees every day and at lunch times i ate with them as well.

There was several opportunities for staff to meet each other and they all sat with each other at lunch.

Yes I know that the employees regularly meet up outside of work and they hold a yearly charity event.

Yes definitely it was very exciting and the people are all great.Also the food was very nice.