IT Project Management Industrial Placement at Network Rail

Milton Keynes East of England
Business Management Information Technology Transportation

6.5/10

For the most part I have enjoyed my placement year.

I felt valued by a number of my colleagues throughout the year.

My management and my supervisors were engaging and proactive in giving me support and guidance.

I found that my workload came in peaks and troughs. Some days and weeks I was extremely busy and others i found myself with a fair amount of capacity.

I was given a fair amount of responsibility but nothing that could be considered extensive.

My approach to the vital final year work at university will benefit from my placement year but the specifics of my course will not be greatly impacted,

The atmosphere in the office was always a positive one, there was good fun and a friendly environment in which to work. My team were particularly friendly.

The overall graduate and placement scheme was managed and run very well.

I was offered many different training courses and a variety of different opportunities to engulf myself in that were not always related to my day job but were generally work/industry related.

Future employment here is something I would seriously consider.

Yes, there was a fair amount to do in the social environment among other colleagues.

Not as expensive as London but could have been cheaper.

Poor, not an area that is renown for its nightlife. Two okay clubs, not in great locations.

Yes, the sport and social club offered a great deal of opportunity.