Intern at Airbus

Newport Wales
Computer Science

7.7/10

Great experience, has provided me with lots of opportunities to learn and to apply some of the knowledge I'd gained in my first two years.

Treated the same as any other member of the team.

Supported by managers when I needed clarification on tasks. Supervisor walked me through processes such as how to write technical reports for the company.

Initially slow, but after settling in, always had tasks assigned to me or could support a colleague with their work.

Was given a high level of responsibility. Had the opportunity to deploy software, and to interact directly with clients.

The development tools I've learnt how to use on placement will allow me to develop and debug my final year project.

Open plan office so it was easy to communicate. Quite happy to use headphones when completing work. Lots of interesting discussions.

They'd had interns previously, and some initial tasks and a handover were arranged for me.

Gave me plenty of time to get up to speed with technologies. Experienced developers were more than happy to spend some of their time going through code/tools with me. No formal training.

Global organsiation, lots of different divisions and a well established graduate scheme

Interacted regularly with the other interns over lunch

Lived in a student area near my University. Very good cost of living compared to friends who moved to places like London.

University area so had access to the students union and all of the nightlife in the city centre.

Only informal events organised by my team