Women in Technology Insight Programme at Schlumberger

Chemical Engineering

8.4/10

A two day insight into the oil and gas industry

I have never known that much about the oil and gas industry before attending this programme. It was really interesting and informative and I also got to meet people from different universities.

The staff were very friendly and they tried their very best to explain. I felt really welcome at the event.

Staff were always there willing to help and answer any questions that we have. Work shadowing is very interesting.

I get a taste of how the real working world is like. Working together as a team during the case study made me realise how important team work is.

There was a lot of information that was delivered to us during the two days. Overall, it is well structured and the flow of the event is very smooth.

Nice and friendly staff as well as the participants. You never feel that you have been neglected.

We got the opportunity to shadow the engineers in the technology centre. I learned a lot about the company and oil and gas industry in general.

Job shadowing certainly helps even though it was only for a short period of time. Case study also gave me a feel of what engineers at Schlumberger do.

It was mentioned quite a number of times that the company is a very diverse company, with employees from many different countries.

It gave me an insight into what it is like to work in an oil and gas industry, having known noting about the oil and gas industry beforehand.

Travel expenses to and from the event were reimbursed and accommodation and meals were paid for.

We got to meet employees from different centres during the mini careeer fairs.

The employees share about their working experience. They also talked about their life at Schlumberger.

Not a lot. But some of the employees do share a little about it.

I would definitely recommend this insight to a friend.