1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
This placement has given me a wider idea of what i can go into after i finished my degree. It has given me experience that i couldn't imagine I would
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was treated as another employee not just as a Student by my English colleagues
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given one to one meetings with my supervisor every week where he gave me weekly advice and helped me with some interview questions. Everyone was really helpful and if i needed any help they were able to give it to me.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
At the start of my placement it took some time to get work due to getting up to speed with the systems etc. but once i started to work and show that i could produce work i always had work available when i needed it.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given my own tasks throughout my placement year where i was responsible for completeing it. I was also given lots of important tasks to do which affected wider systems.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have been given alot of interview training and furthered my technical knowledge which will help me during my degree and in work later in my life.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office was good and everyone was really fun, but it got a little more stressed coming up to surgeon meetings as alot of people had a lot of work to do with such little time.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
When we first started it was a little unorganized which was probably more our fault as placement students. It seems a lot better this year but i have no complaints on the organisation.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They offered me lots of training and i have been on alot of courses that i would have not expected to be able to go on. These courses will help me out throughout my university and later career.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I will not be able to walk straight into a job but having this on the CV and all the skills i have learnt should put me in good sted.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
It started slow as we did not know a lot of the other students just because we were all on different sites and different departments but we got alot better once we started to arrange this ourself
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived in bradford which is the student area i went to university in
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Unsure did not go out in leeds alot
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was opportunities to work with charities and with different schools