Student Bioengineer at Johnson & Johnson

Engineering Medical/Health

Johnson & Johnson is a Top Employer

7.8/10

5.2

This placement has given me a wider idea of what i can go into after i finished my degree. It has given me experience that i couldn't imagine I would

I was treated as another employee not just as a Student by my English colleagues

I was given one to one meetings with my supervisor every week where he gave me weekly advice and helped me with some interview questions. Everyone was really helpful and if i needed any help they were able to give it to me.

At the start of my placement it took some time to get work due to getting up to speed with the systems etc. but once i started to work and show that i could produce work i always had work available when i needed it.

I was given my own tasks throughout my placement year where i was responsible for completeing it. I was also given lots of important tasks to do which affected wider systems.

I have been given alot of interview training and furthered my technical knowledge which will help me during my degree and in work later in my life.

The atmosphere in the office was good and everyone was really fun, but it got a little more stressed coming up to surgeon meetings as alot of people had a lot of work to do with such little time.

When we first started it was a little unorganized which was probably more our fault as placement students. It seems a lot better this year but i have no complaints on the organisation.

They offered me lots of training and i have been on alot of courses that i would have not expected to be able to go on. These courses will help me out throughout my university and later career.

I will not be able to walk straight into a job but having this on the CV and all the skills i have learnt should put me in good sted.

It started slow as we did not know a lot of the other students just because we were all on different sites and different departments but we got alot better once we started to arrange this ourself

I lived in bradford which is the student area i went to university in

Unsure did not go out in leeds alot

There was opportunities to work with charities and with different schools