Food and Beverage Intern at Hilton

Leisure and Hospitality

4.5/10

2.3
4.0

Mainly required to serve and wait on customers while also attend to the rooms and restaurant.

I found the placement a struggle to motivate myself and not become bored. Ideally I would have liked more responsibility or at least more entertaining roles.

Other waitresses, cleaners and interns were nice but the management were a bit elitist.

Management weren't really interested or bothered about me. I tried to discuss my feelings with them but they didnt really listen.

There were busy and quiet periods which made it difficult to establish any sort of routine or mindset.

Nothing really. I would have liked more responsibililty would definitely have made the placement seem more worthwhile.

They will help a bit but can't say they'll help me massively. I have more ambition then wa realised or tested.

It was great fun chatting and havning a bit of fun with the other interns and staff.

I went to see the HR manager several times and they did seem to act on what I said but alot of the time we were left in the wilderness.

I met a few different hotel managers and got to travel to the hq which was exciting! Networking!

I don't know whether I'd want to work there again.

Yes I made some great mates who I still go shopping and clubbing with.

I lived with some of my student friends in a student house so rent was cheap.

I loved the nightlife! Still do!

Shopping, clubbing, hanging out etc. I spent most of my time with my uni friends though.