Audit Trainee at Mazars LLP

Milton Keynes South East
Auditing/Tax

8.3/10

Audit junior: Reviewing and testing accounts to give an opinion on whether they give a true and fair representation of the companies performance.

Really enjoyed my year in Audit at Mazars. Great experience overall and got to start the ACA, meaning if I come back I save a year.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Mazars LLP

Colleagues were amazing, felt very welcome from day one. Everyone is extremely approachable even the Partners.

There is as much guidance as you need. Never felt that I couldn't ask for extra help if needed.

Mazars treat placement students as 1st year graduates meaning I was always busy and was given they same opportunities as they were. E.g. starting the ACA qualification.
I was lucky enough to be given the opportunity to work in both Wales and Scotland as well.

See above.

Being treated as a graduate helped me develop the skills to work in any office and client facing job.
Key skills being:
Professionalism
Communication (Oral and written)
Technical knowledge (in accounting and audit)

The biggest factor I believe that will help me in my final year is gaining a work ethic. Being able to work 7.5hrs (Minimum) 5 days a week hopefully means I can take a similar approach to my university for my final year.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Mazars LLP

Professional but at the same time informal enough so that you actually build relationships.

Very well authorised. I never had any issues

They have invested a fair amount especially by paying for my first year of the ACA.

There is a clear professional career structure in place. There were managers who had started a placement students there.

Regular nights out were organised as well as a Christmas party.
There were also away days planned, one being at Drayton manner.
You build a great relationship with the first year and even other trainees which gave a great social aspect.

I worked in my home town, therefore my costs were greatly reduced.

See above.

There are quite few extra activities during the year. I joined the weekly football game.