Marketing Assistant at Johnson & Johnson

Administration/Secretarial Business Intelligence Marketing Sales Voluntary

Johnson & Johnson is a Top Employer

7.3/10

4.5

Psychiatry and Infectious diseases marketing assistant.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my placement, it has been a mixture of hard work and fun. You are welcomed in to the company and treated exactly the same as an employee with the same rewards and responsibility.

I am a valued member of my team and am relied upon by colleagues for projects and tasks. Although I am only a student you are not perceived as inferior but encouraged to succeed beyond your age.

I was given constant support and advice throughout the placement. This varied from weekly catch ups to future career advice. I honestly felt they always had my best interests at heart.

As I worked across two therapy areas I was kept very busy, but this was supplemented with charity work and sports activities too.

The level of responsibility I had far exceeded my initial expectation but in a positive way. I am the lead on multiple important projects for my Business unit and am expected to work appropriately to achieve these work objectives.

We received multiple training workshops varying from presentation skills to sales experiences which can only benefit my future career and degree. My skills have developed but also a structured work day has exponentially improved my work ethic and behaviour.

Janssen has an open door culture with all managers leaving their doors open. I sit opposite one of the Business Unit directors and often pop in for a catch up or if I need something.

In marketing, everyone is very helpful and supportive. Janssen's employees are very hard working and ambitious which sets a good example for you to follow.

The atmosphere is helped by an open office, pit stop areas and a subsidised Costa.

Right from the start we had an organsied two week handover and then were given tasks to get on with. The student placement scheme is an integral part of developing new talent at Janssen so is very well organised. It is not too rigid though and you are given flexibility to explore different areas you enjoy. E.g. I have been on multiple field visits with Account managers to see how our marketing projects are implemented.

The firm invests a lot in the students. As previously mentioned I went on multiple training courses such as project management and marketing excellence. Janssen look to develop you throughout the year and encourage you to come back after graduation.

I have thoroughly enjoyed myself but find the current graduate scheme too rigid for my liking. However, they are looking to change this in the future to offer more flexibility and other options apart from marketing.

The company encourage internal development, there are numerous success stories of graduates and students progressing high up the company.

I enjoyed various activities with the other students such as the 3 Peaks Challenge, and also made good friends with graduates too.

My rent was £325 per month for an average house, the one negative of this placement is living in High Wycombe as social activities are limited in the local area.

It is relatively cheap, regular trains go to London and there are students nights you can enjoy.

Yates, the White Horse (a must go), not far from London, multiple pubs in the town, Marlow and Henley are nice places to go for dinner or on the weekends.

Work football team who play once a week, multiple volunteering days.