My job role included supporting the growth of the business and developing customer solutions which benefited our clients. I received coaching from high-performing pre-sales and sales professionals; to gain exposure to a number of areas within the organisation as well as liazing with current clients.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Loved my placement.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I had strong working relationships with all my colleagues and received sufficient support throughout the year,
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The support I received from both my line manager and other colleagues throughout the placement allowed me to develop and fulfill my role effectively.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
As with any job work load fluctuates throughout the year.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As the year progressed I was given significantly more responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I believe the skills developed will greatly enhance my studies.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There was always a positive atmosphere in the office which made you feel at ease when completing work.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
With the exception of a few minor glitches the placement was setup efficiently.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was exposed to numerous training courses on offer with both senior managers and sales graduates. All training completed was advantageous allowing me to develop knowledge and key skills within the workplace.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would definitely look for future opportunities with Atos.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I was the only placement student/graduate at my base location.
I traveled to London quite frequently where the social scene with both colleagues and placement students/graduates is very good,
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived at home to save money on rent, socializing was relatively cheap.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
As Durham is quite small there is little on offer, but with Newcastle only a 12 minute train journey away there are numerous places to explore.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
In London and other larger locations there are numerous activities on offer however, in my base location there were very little.