designing using most of adobes creative cloud, photoshop, illustrator, dreamweaver
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
This year has easily been the quickest, richest but also the most beneficially year of my life. I've learnt so much from being able to work here, things that you can't learn at uni. Things where you have to be in that working environment.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
At TopCashback, they high a lot of placements. But its not like your under-valued or just hired to the jobs that no one else wants to do, especially not for me that is. My Line Manager gave loads of important tasks to do, things that are vital to the company.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My immediate supervisor has made me feel comfortable from day one and is really approachable with anything that you might be worried about. The office is very friendly too and everyone makes you feel very welcome. But the biggest and best thing about TopCashback is you're allowed to mistakes, everyone makes them and thats something that the company embraces, however it is important that your admit to your mistake so it can be rectified.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Being in Design, this really was hit miss. Sometimes it can be really busy or sometimes you struggle to find something to do.. But every placement in Design get a big project with no deadline that you can work on if you're low on tasks. So essentially you always have something to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As previously stated, you're not just hired to do things no one else wants to do. I single handedly updated all the service emails when the company went through a rebranding period. (Only broke 11 of 150+)
I also design the sign to go outside of the main office in stafford, amongst other things.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel like my design skills have improved immensely, in terms of ability in software as well as having a keen eye for UX as well as UI.
From day one you're asked to question not only what content to use but why to use that content as well.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It's a very friendly office environment, easy to approach anyone here. relaxed dress code too.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
You have quarterly meetings with your line manager about how its going, you can also request to speak with your line manager personally if you have an issue.
You also get a chance to go around all the departments at the start of your placement to understand how each one of them work and how you might interact with them in your time here.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Pretty much everything you learn you'll pick up as you go along, you'll also be shown the ropes by a previous placement student.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
TopCashback is a growing company and theres a lot of room for growth, there are also opportunities to come back part-time or full-time once your degree is over.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We moved offices from uttoxeter to stafford in the middle of the year, uttoxeter is a very quiet place. we decided to wait till the move till we went on a 'placement night out', but it happened I actually organised it. You just got to remember that even outside work you represent the company.
dont get to drunk kids.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I commuted daily from wolves, but stafford has university so theres a lot of housing for students so its affordable.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
it's not the best to be honest, the bouncers at most the clubs are **** but its the company you're with?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
the company have a yoga day on tuesday, football tuesday night, also do charity events like sponsored runs, etc.