Designing and manufacturing custom joint replacements
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I loved every moment of my placement the jobs i got to do and the staff were very good with me.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt valued by my colleagues and felt my opinions mattered even though i was just a student.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Management were good at giving me support however there were occasions where they were out of office when i needed guidance. Although i had 2 mentors who were always around which i could ask questions and receive guidance.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Most days i had a lot of work to do which made time go very fast. Other times i had work but it was not urgent so i could work through it at my own pace.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility and was given my own implants to design within a few months of working with the company.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
A lot of skills have been gained which i would not have picked up whilst at university for example my engineering skills, time management and managing tasks effectively.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was good in the office everyone was very friendly and welcoming and always up for a joke which was nice.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was well organised however it would of been better if i had a hand over period. however this has been incorporated for the next years students.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was able to go on paid training courses whilst on placement which was invaluable as i would not of been able to do these otherwise.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I have managed to secure a job after my degree finished with DePuy which is extremely pleasing for myself.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?