Customs Engineering Student at Johnson & Johnson

Leeds Yorkshire and Humberside
Engineering Engineering

Johnson & Johnson is a Top Employer

8.7/10

Designing and manufacturing custom joint replacements

I loved every moment of my placement the jobs i got to do and the staff were very good with me.

I felt valued by my colleagues and felt my opinions mattered even though i was just a student.

Management were good at giving me support however there were occasions where they were out of office when i needed guidance. Although i had 2 mentors who were always around which i could ask questions and receive guidance.

Most days i had a lot of work to do which made time go very fast. Other times i had work but it was not urgent so i could work through it at my own pace.

I was given a lot of responsibility and was given my own implants to design within a few months of working with the company.

A lot of skills have been gained which i would not have picked up whilst at university for example my engineering skills, time management and managing tasks effectively.

The atmosphere was good in the office everyone was very friendly and welcoming and always up for a joke which was nice.

The placement was well organised however it would of been better if i had a hand over period. however this has been incorporated for the next years students.

I was able to go on paid training courses whilst on placement which was invaluable as i would not of been able to do these otherwise.

I have managed to secure a job after my degree finished with DePuy which is extremely pleasing for myself.