1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed my internship a lot. Intel has a strong intern culture which really helped, but also knowing you are doing a job that matters - if you weren't doing it they would be hiring someone else to do it!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Very valued by my colleagues.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Not only do you get support from your direct manager but I was also given a buddy (a returned graduate in the department) and a mentor (a senior member of a different department).
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It depends on the time in the quarter, some weeks in the quarter were far busier than others but nothing I couldn't manage.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility, I was responsible for my own accounts and held accountable for the work i did on those accounts. I was also given projects to work on and lead.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have gained a lot of soft skills. Confidence, communication, presentation skills as well as picking up a real work ethic.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office was relaxed and fun. There is a games room, a coffee shop and you are encouraged to take regular breaks.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The set of the internship was great.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
As an intern you are eligble for many training courses, both online and in person and my manager encouraged me to do these.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Although they don't hire a large number of interns back as graduates, there is the opportunity and it encourages you to do well as an intern.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The Sports and Social committee organised lots of events outside of work, there is a very strong intern culture.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Not too expensive. I paid around £300 a month rent but I know others paid more and less.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Swindon nightlife is average. Best thing is that you are close to Bristol, Bath, London and Cardiff so plenty of other places to go
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?