Customer Business Analyst at Intel Corporation

Intel Corporation is a Top Employer

5.5/10

4.8

4.2

Largely enjoyable but the workload can be overwhelming at times. This placement certainly favours those who are task orientated and enjoy being challenged.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 12 roles at Intel Corporation

All interns are given the same responsibilities as their full time counterparts. As such their actions are every bit as critical to the business as any other employee.

The initial handover was poorly handled but steps were taken to correct this. Regular 1:1s with management were an open invitation to discuss concerns but the follow through into support was lacking.

Remaining bandwidth varied dramatically on a day by day basis. Over the 13 months duration of the placement this probably balances, however there were many late nights and early starts.

A great amount of responsibility is given to placement students. The scope can be broad or narrow depending on core responsibilities and available bandwidth for job+ activities.

The soft skills developed here have already been of use in my degree, and my experience informed much of my since submitted coursework. The data analytics and project management skills will be invaluable in my final year project and beyond.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 12 roles at Intel Corporation

The office environment was never particularly fun, but there is good work being done by the Great Place To Work team to improve this. Communal areas and a well equipped games room certainly help.

Initial training was excellently organised and well delivered, however the on the job training fell short of requirements. The accounts to which I was assigned weren't decided until more than a month on the job. The support networks were in place to assist with these issues but I feel that they could have been proactively addressed and avoided all together with better planning.

I was given the opportunity to work closely with my accounts and attend a large number of in office or web based training on Intel products or processes. However these often clash with other arrangements or take more time than is available in a working day.
In most cases Interns were put face to face with customers, this was not an opportunity given to me. When I confronted this issue I was told that interns don't get travel, something that is clearly not the case as many have (Including 2 from our team that week). Not only do I feel that this was a roadblock to my own development and a better customer relationship, but falsifying the reasoning behind the decision was unnecessary and insulting.

Highly appealing from the stance that there is certainly further development to be gained from continued work with Intel. From the perspective of location, workload and progression less so.

The Sports and Social Committee arranged fairly frequent events and group holidays. Although this was pretty limited to pubs & clubs. Would be nice to see more variety.

Rent was extremely low and the properties great value for money. The induction days before the internship commenced were a great way to find people to house share with.

There are a few bars and clubs, but if you've seen one in Swindon then you've seen them all.

Volunteering hours could be done in place of work.