1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have enjoyed my placement, learned lots and had a good time
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
good support when needed and plenty of future career advice etc given
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
busy enough sometimes when projects were waiting on other people there was less to do, plenty of things to busy yourself with though if you are motivated to look for it
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
responsible for things like print blocks and tooling orders
project work often involves independent work
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
useful life experience, plenty of engineering skills gained
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
pretty laid back, I had a laugh
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
mostly well organised, had an induction day and a 2 week training period
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
gave me opportunities to see new things
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Not amazing, some opportunity though
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Always busy with fellow placement students, plenty of nights out, weekend trips to the beach, evening trips to the cinema/nandos, bbqs, rounders match, badminton, bonfire night, new forest etc..done it all
Office christmas meal etc
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
decent student houses in Southampton for a reasonable price £320 per month. Not sure about the Eastleigh area
Socialising, pretty average costs for drinks and meals etc
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Southampton good, student clubs and bars, we tried them all
Eastleigh has lots for a small town
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Not organised by the company
Many activities with collegues/students but all organised by ourselves
Able to meet students from other departments which was useful so there were a group of us new to the area