1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It had its ups and downs, but on balance was an incredibly enjoyable and challenging experience. The downs could typically be attributed to the stresses of being given real responsibility, which you can't really complain about!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was consistently trusted with tasks that I wouldn't have expected someone at my level to be in charge of. The team was really close-knit.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Support and guidance is always there if you need it - but feedback wasn't particularly regular, and was delivered on a more ad hoc basis. If I needed help with a task it was always available to me.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I always had a task I could be doing, but there were definitely periods when I was much busier and periods when I had much less on.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had responsibility far beyond what I would have expected an intern to be trusted with, and that level of responsibility grew throughout the year.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Can't say for certain yet, but they have already helped me secure extra experiences in my final year at University.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Normally buoyant and positive. Obviously it depended on workload - in stressful times it could, understandably, be tense, but never in a negative way. In less busy times it was fairly relaxed.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very organised, with a clear handover, responsibilities and timings.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They put on regular training sessions specifically for interns, in addition to presentations and a series of masterclasses with executives from across the business.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
My department was really small, so can't say this exactly - but there's always jobs going.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There's more than 50 interns, and most of these see each other socially on a regular basis - trips to the pub with colleagues were also regular.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It's London, so not cheap!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Was okay, for London - lots of bars etc.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Loads of chances to do extra work-related activities, for example at Comic-Con or other events. Outside of work, there's at least a football team that I know of, but not sure what else.