1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
While working at WB Ireland I got to work across numerous Games, TV and Movie titles. Probably the best part of the role was that the content your working is that of which you would consume yourself which makes it all the more easier to enjoy and creates for a product you can get excited about
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
As I was working across two departments I essentially had two jobs which made sure that there was very rarely a dull moment.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given much more responsibility than I originally thought. In the beginning I assumed that a majority of the work I would be doing would be more to support the team and do the grunt work however both my managers made sure that I was given serious tasks that I was in charge of such as coming up with and implementing promotions and organising marketing materials for customers/exhibitors.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It would be hard to even describe how much more capable I am now having worked here for a year. I have gotten rid of a lot of bad habits since starting, learned tonnes of new skills and even developed a solid work ethic that will no doubt benefit me in the future
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
For all software I worked with I was correctly trained and was able to further my computer skills, however the majority of my training stemmed from learning by doing.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Given that the office is quite small it does not appear that there would be any opportunities within this branch. However, the great thing about working for WB is that it's a global company that spans so many countries and having worked so closely with our UK offices I feel that there could be an opportunity should I wish to pursue one.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I was the only intern however still got involved with industry events/parties and was always invited to our events for any of our theatrical releases to which I could always bring friends.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Dublin isn't the cheapest place especially for accommodation but it still wasn't too pricey and I was able to save during my year.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It's right in the centre of Dublin city so there are a range of things to do, places to go and some very nice restaurants not to mention close to where most events and concerts take place.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were a few events however not a particular emphasis on this as the office is quite small.