Software Engineer at Intel Corporation

Computer Science

Intel Corporation is a Top Employer

7.3/10

6.6

General software engineering using various languages and for different projects widely ranging across multiple technologies.

The atmosphere in the office, the kindness and helpfulness of colleagues and the involvement as part of a team were next to none. I really felt integral to the daily workings of the team and this made my overall experience great.

I felt very valued by every member as I was working in a small team where everything matters to get what we needed done.

At one point I felt a little out of touch as the manager is on another continent and 1:1 sessions were not ideal for interns because of how busy everyone is. Though for the first half of the year nothing could have really been better.

There were spells of extreme business where I'd be staying in until late to get something done and there would be opposite times where we had to wait for clarification before executing anything. Though the work is enjoyable the oscillations threw me off a little bit.

Each member of the team had key responsibility in making whatever we had to happen.

Undoubtedly the scale and complexity of the skills I developed will make all the difference in the years to come.

Everyone was great and easy to get along with. There's no doubt that it was a great atmosphere for productivity and enjoyment out of work.

Unfortunately the kind of things that we are required to do can change very quickly and repeatedly without a strong direction so the work that we are set to do throughout our time cannot really be entirely organised. The work we do is a great learning experience and will help develop essential skills.

Aside from the odd online training exercises I could say we started in the deep end. Any other training we received wasn't relative to what we were doing or where we were based.

Overall i would definitely consider rejoining the company in the future.

Where we were based there weren't many other interns but colleagues were interested in having a few social activities every once in a while.

Cost of living was substantial and took most of my wage every month which didn't leave me with much money to spend socializing unfortunately. Though there is a very large selection of things to do and places to socialize I had to limit myself as much as possible.

It's London. That's all I need to say.

There are lots of activities available. Not so many from the company but externally there was many.