Project Coordinator at BAT

Southampton South East
Business Management Design Engineering Product Design/Industrial Design Science/Research
BAT is a Top Employer

9.2/10

9.7

I really enjoyed the placement year and was given a lot of opportunities to excel.

Very valued. My opinion/research/comments and input were basis of a lot of important and valuable/profitable decisions.

Whenever I needed support I only had to ask.

There were extremely busy days at points where I worked a little late but there were times were I was relaxed. It all comes down to how you plan your calendar.

I was given a lot of responsibility. I travelled alone to suppliers in Germany and created plans for important projects. The team will push you to see what you can offer and then work on that.

A range of skills I developed include team building exercises, time and project planning, presenting, maintaining customer-supplier relationships, as well as CAD on a more technical side

Fun at times and dedicated at important times.

It took me a couple of months to get a very clear idea of my role as there are no specific projects from the start that I was assigned to. Once I became comfortable I realised that most of the time I was in charge of course my placement would take.

I got a lot of support in different areas. Seeing as there are several undergraduate we attended company organised workshops for presentation skills, abstract writing, report writing, and a lot more including Prince 2 training.

Very appealing, time will tell.

We were 16 placement students in different areas of the company. We were brought together by the company in an initial social occasion and then continued to hang out. (I lived with two other placement students at BAT)

I worked in Southampton so living was not really expensive.

There are a lot of options for going out and the seeing as Southampton is a student town with two large universities, there is a large student crowd.

There are a fair mount including bike riding in the New Forest, Go Carting, and a number of sports clubs. Even within the company there are football and basketball teams. Occasionally peers set up tournaments within the company.